Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

TODAY IS......

ZEPHYR'S BIRTHDAY!!!!

 I don't think I can express just how happy I am that Zephyr is celebrating his 5th birthday today!  Almost a year ago he came down with encephalitis and I came very close to loosing him.  Thanks to some excellent veterinarians and Zephyr's strong will, my boy is doing great! 
 
 We have lots of fun planned for Zephyr over the next few days that I'll share with you when it's over.

 If all goes well Zephyr will be finished with his chemo treatments (his procarbazine was reduced to twice a week Dec. 1) and only taking 5mg of prednisone once a day (down from twice a day) within two weeks.  I have to admit I'm still pretty nervous about what will happen as we take him off the meds., but very happy about it at the same time.

 Over the past few months he has really flourished and gotten back in to shape.  With his four CCNU treatments and the warm summer temperatures he lost a lot of muscle tone, lost a lot of fur, and gained a lot of weight (to about 100 lbs.).  He's looking quite svelte now, weighing in at a little less than 92 lbs. this week, fur slowly filling in, and zipping and bouncing around like a young pup.

 Happy Birthday baby boy!  I love you so much!! 

27 comments:

Sue said...

Happy Birthday Zephyr. May you have many, many, many more. Hugs Sue & Song

Two Greyhound Town said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I hope you have the best birthday ever!

The Barn Door said...

Happy happy birthday zephyr!! Hope you have a fabulous day!
Karen & the Hounds

genji said...

Happy Happy Bday!!! Glad you are feeling and looking better.

Kini_pella said...

Happy Birthday Zephyr!!!! Glad you're feeling better :).

IHeartDogs said...

Happy Birthday Handsome!
Hope you continue to feel greyt! <3

Angela J. said...

Happy Birthday, Zephr!

The Lady said...

Happy Birthday Zephyr!! Hope it's a great one!

houndstooth said...

Zephyr, you look great! I think the big boys are quite handsome, actually! Happiest of Birthdays to you!

Bunny

Lindy said...

Happy birthday, Zephyr - hope you enjoy all of your celebrations!

Angela said...

Happy birthday!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Zephyr! Live it up pal! :D

Waggin at ya,
Roo

Tina said...

Happy birthday Zephyr from your furry friends in Germany Dingo, Flavie, Myrtille and Bisou! We have just come home from a sunny but coldish and windy walk through the fiels with our mom :) We are happy that you did so great through this last year!!!ba

Aragon greyhounds said...

Happy Birthday Z-you and your brother look like you are having fun in the snow.

Claire Krigbaum said...

Happy Birthday handsome Zephyr! I hope this next year brings you complete health and happiness.

Joanne said...

Happy Birthday Zephyr from Miles, Otto, and Kohle who share your birthday. Their 2nd birthday was on the 6th.

FANCY the Red Standard Poodle said...

Hi Y'all,

What a wonderful birthday! Congratulations!

Y'all come by now,
Hawk aka BrownDog

jcp said...

Happy Birthday! So glad he is doing so much better!

Greyhounds CAN Sit said...

So sorry I didn't get here in time to wish Zephyr a Happy Birthday on the day:( Can't wait to read about what you had lined up for him. It's so wonderful that he is doing well on his reduced meds. And he's looking awesome:)

♥Edina♥ said...

I'm so sorry Zephir, I'm late! But I Wish you hundreds of wonderful Birthdays♥

KB said...

I'm late too but Happy Birthday Zephyr!!! I am so happy that you are beating that mean disease and flourishing. You are amazing!

I hope that you party for weeks on end!

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Happy Birthday Zephyr. May you have many more, sorry were late!

Sue and the Taylor hounds xx

Declan said...

Sorry I've been out of circulation, so a belated happy birthday, Zephyr, mate! Your Mum must be so happy with all the improvements you've made. Deccy x

The Daily Pip said...

Happy belated birthday, Zephyr! Thanks so much for your good wishes for my health!

Your pal, Pip

greygirl25 said...

Happy birthday Zephyr! We're all pulling for a complete recovery here.

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday! :)

Jen

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Happy belated birthday! I'm so behind in blogs!