Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

Brothers


Things are going well here in puppyhood. Zephyr and Astro are still getting along really well (with the rare little grump from Zephyr). They really love to play tug together, this is new for Zephyr. Crate training is going well, although Astro has figured out how to escape from the top by pushing the zipper open and climbing out. He is very smart! So, today I had to make paper clip locks.


Zephyr likes him so much that it lead to an injury this weekend. Zephyr accidentally squashed Astro's leg. :-( Astro cried a lot and then wouldn't put pressure on it so I rushed him off to the vet. There is no break, but she said it is really bruised, gave him a low dose of Rimadyl, and said no rough housing for awhile. I'm not sure how that worked out this morning because when I came home a few hours after leaving Astro was out of his crate and curled up in Zephyr's bed. Who knows what happened in between.


Astro is sleeping through the night now. Yeah! Training is going well, he already new how to sit and down (a gifted child) and we are working on leash walking. I'm working on teaching him to ring bells to go outside and potty.



I think Zephyr looks like a lion in a tree waiting to eat all those gazelles on the chair in this picture. Zephyr can't wait until Astro gets a little bigger and they can run around and cause all kinds of trouble. Currently he is talking (barking and making the fun rumbling sounds) it up and saying who knows what to Astro.

3 comments:

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

So cute! Hope Astro's leg is AOK.

Jen

Anonymous said...

Okay, I don't check your blog for a few weeks and Soooooo much happens! Hooray for Astro- are you going to show him? He certainly is a handsome little guy. Glad he and Z are getting along well. :)

Hiking Hounds said...

Astro's leg is getting better, just a little limp left. It's been 3 days now so that is good progress. It's definitely not easy to keep a puppy quiet like that vet wants. Astro wants to play and then Zephyr wants to play... and then they have to be separated for a little while. :-) Astro's getting used to his crate so he's "quiet" mostly during the day.

I will probably try to show him too. But, I don't know if I'll ever get too serious about conformation. There just aren't any greyhounds here for the needed competition, I'd have to travel a lot. As long as it's fun we'll do it. I have to admit I like the shopping at the shows. :-)

Caron