Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Cactus

Just so you know, there are cactus in Buffalo Park. I found out the hard way last weekend. Me, Mom, and Marlies went for a walk there last weekend. I was on leash and stepped off the trail only a few feet and went into cactus. I didn't know what it was, so naturally I bit it to try and get it off my leg. Mom saw that happened and came right over. She was too late. I had cactus thorns all in my mouth, especially on the back of the roof of my mouth. I was VERY Scared! So was Mom. She was good though. Marlies held me and Mom reached in my mouth to get it out. At first there was too much saliva (and blood) and her hands just slipped off. So, she covered her hand with a sweatshirt and that worked. We got all but two out at the park, and those we got out back at home. Then they had to get them out of my legs and feet. For some strange reason Marlies brought a brush in her pack. That really made getting the big ones out easy, and they got the rest out with fingers. I was exhausted when we got home and my mouth didn't feel good, see below. But, I was up and running in the next day or so.

No comments: