Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Lily Pond Play

A few weeks ago Chris and I took Linus and Astro out to the Lily Pond for some water play after an agility practice.  The boys were ready to go as it was a warm day.

 
The "Lily Pond" is actually called Dow Spring and I think the lilies were originally brought in a very long time ago, maybe by the Dow family that originally settled there.  I've been visiting here since I was a kid and the lilies have always been there.  This is the view looking down the canyon.

Astro says "Yipee!!!  I get to run and bounce in super tall green grass!!!"  I love the way his ears are bouncing up and he is smiling in this picture.

Linus took his first swim in May.  Here, he just decided to go in for a dip on his own.  I wish Astro would have followed him.

Linus goes after the stick.  What a good boy!  Astro would also get the stick when it was a little closer to shore.

Astro spent a lot of time flying through the grass and spinning around.

Astro and Linus are great friends.  Kind of like Zephyr and Friday (Linus' big brother) are great friends.  They had a lot of fun chasing each other and then cooling off in the water.

The beautiful view looking up the canyon.  Of course, with a happy greyhound in it, the view is much better!

8 comments:

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Beautiful place! I hope Zephyr will get to join you soon.

The Barn Door said...

What a peaceful looking place and what lucky dogs!!

houndstooth said...

I agree, the view is definitely enhanced with a Greyhound! That looks like so much fun!

Bunny

Sue said...

Lovely spot. Do you have to be worried about snakes?

jcp said...

Very nice post. Thanks for sharing.

Kate said...

Beautiful photos and beautiful dogs!!!! Its so good to see a greyhound running off the lead!!

Suzanne said...

I love that location! It looks like you had a wonderful hike.

Michelle said...

What a beautiful place! I love the lillie pads. Very cool