Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Astro's Open Standard and Jumpers Titles

 It's been awhile since this happened, but it was a pretty big deal so I thought I should share it.  The last weekend in October 2013 Astro earned his Open Standard and Jumpers with Weaves titles.  I was super happy and proud of him.  Astro and I are learning agility together and I couldn't ask for a better partner.

 Astro was also very happy about getting his picture taken with the judge for his Open Standard title.  We finished our Open Standard title Saturday morning with a really nice run.

 He wanted to make sure that Judge Dan Butcher knew how much we appreciated him.  :-)





This is our Jumpers run from Saturday.  It was our second qualifying Open Jumpers run.  Pardon my shrill voice, I was a little nervous.

 On Sunday we had our third qualifying run and finished our Open Jumpers with Weaves title.  It was a great run with lots of turns that he nailed.  I thought it was smoother that our run on Saturday.

We are working on on our Excellent titles now and have also started entering Time 2 Beat and FAST.  Astro loves Time 2 Beat because the courses are designed to be open and fast.  When I decided to try agility I didn't really know how it would turn out because Zephyr and Astro are my first dogs, so of course I was/am learning along the way.  I'm so happy that we've made it this far.  The Excellent level courses have been really challenging.  The courses are harder and there is much less room for error.  But, it's a lot of fun.  So far Astro has one Excellent Standard qualifying run and two Excellent Jumpers with Weaves qualifying runs. 

7 comments:

Claire Krigbaum said...

Wow, awesome! What a fun judge that Dan Butcher is, too :)

Michelle said...

Awesome job! Congrats!

genji said...

Congrats, Astro! You are well on your way to an Excellent title.

Unknown said...

Congrats! We are starting our foundation agility class this weekend and am so excited! Your post and watching your video inspires me even more!

The Daily Pip said...

How exciting. Congrats Astro!

Ruby and Angel Pip

Greyhounds CAN Sit said...

All I can say is WOW!! I'm thinking about the first few videos you posted and the improvement is so amazing, well done. All your hard work and dedication is paying off in spades. Congratulations to you and Astro on his first titles, I'm sure there will be many more :)

Apex Agility Greyhounds said...

Nice job! Congrats to Astro! What a wonderful looking partnership!