Pages

Friday, October 30, 2009

Field Champion Zephyr!

Two weeks ago Zephyr, Astro, and I went to New Mexico for a two day lure coursing trial put on by the Albuquerque Whippet Fanciers Association and Zephyr finished his field championship! Yeah!! I actually didn't find out until this Thursday because I had thought he needed two more points. It turns out he only needed one, which he got on Saturday at the trial. I had made a mistake on figuring out the points he got for a Best in Field win from last spring. All of these great photos were taken by Shot On Site Photography, except one from Robin Greene!


Yes, I feel kind of like a dork for messing that up but, I am pretty new at all this. None the less, I am very proud of Zephyr. We're planning a celebration involving baked goods, Zephyr takes after his mother, maybe pie or muffins. :-) When we go to New Mexico he courses with some very awesome greyhounds, and that's not an exaggeration. Here in Arizona he is usually the only greyhound so, I'm really happy that he was able to finish his field championship running with such great dogs!

As usual, Zephyr was so excited to be able to go coursing that he could barely contain himself. The next few pictures show me barely containing him. It was all very fun, I felt like I was the hopping bunny.

Here's the face of determination. Thanks to Robin Greene for this picture!

Notice how far ahead of the other dogs and handlers we are yet everyone is still holding their hounds? Well, that's because Zephyr was pulling very hard and I lost balance and took two hops to get to this point. All I could do was hold tight and pray for the "Tally Ho". The next pictures shows what happened when I released him.

Pretty funny!

A much smoother release on his second run.

Putting on the brakes!

One very, very happy boy! ZEPHYR LOVES TO COURSE! It is definitely his favorite thing to do. Thanks to everyone who has helped and encouraged us along the way, I really appreciate it all. I still think one of the best things about having dogs and going to events is all the great friends you make. We're headed off to Phoenix, Gilbert really, for a trial on Sunday. Happy, Happy, Safe Coursing!

2 comments:

Aragon greyhounds said...

Congratulations-I am jealous. Now when he completes his breed championship and a performance title(CD or TD or NA and NAJ) he can be a versatility dog!!
Way to go Zephyr!
I love your little puppy he is SO cute. Glad they get along so well.
H2

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Great job!!!