Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Lure Coursing with Desert Fun Bunch

On March 8 I took Zephyr to Gilbert, AZ for a lure coursing trial with the Desert Fun Bunch club. The weather was great, in the 70's and slightly overcast all day. The trial was held at Crossroads Park which has a nice pond that Zephyr can cool off in after he runs. Zephyr did really well despite the course being a little small for a large greyhound. He ended up winning Best In Field again which was a great surprise! Here are some videos from the trial. For some reason when I upload them to the Internet the quality of the video goes down. If anyone has suggestions on what I can do to make the video turn out better I'd love to hear them. :-)





This was Zephyr's 2nd breed run. As usual we were the only greyhound so he ran by himself. When he came around the back side he went out far because of a tight turn. There was a small depression of some kind and you can see him take a big jump. Also, notice how clumsy the handler looks while being dragged to the field and then falling on the graceful hound while retrieving him.

Below is his Best In Field run. I really thought this was his best run of the day.



Zephyr LOVES coursing! It is really a challenge to hold him back when we head for the field. I let him pull and bark it up because I don't want to discourage his enthusiasm, and I love seeing him so happy.

If anyone has suggestions for how I can improve the video I'd really appreciate it. I uploaded them in what I thought was the best quality (they took forever to upload). Maybe my settings are off.

5 comments:

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Woo Hoo!

I have the same problem with video quality. No idea.

Jen

Zan said...

Congrats on BIF!!!Awesome!!

It looks like you guys had a blast.

I'm no help on the video thing. I had the same problem when I uploaded a slide show to Youtube.

Aragon greyhounds said...

Way to go!! If he keeps that up he will be a field champion in no time. Then he will be part way to his Greyhound Club of America Versatilty Dog award. We have so few each year awarded-some years no dogs earn it. Keep up the good work.Hope to award you and your boy the title in a few years at our specialty.
Helen

Hiking Hounds said...

Getting the Versatility Dog award would be a dream come true! I hope we get there some day.

Caron

Tarmar said...

Congrats on the BIF! I am so glad that you and Zephyr are having so much fun! Looking forward to seeing you in Lompoc in July!

As for the video quality, when Youtube processes the video, it actually compresses it and changes the format. This causes the quality to degrade a bit. I wish I could make my videos look better too. I have try to make sure that I am following the recommendations from Youtube but it doesn't seem to help my videos.