Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2008

I Speak Elk

This summer we had lots of elk visit us, and it turns out that I naturally speak elk. Elk don't speak with many words so I use mostly body language like the play bow, waggy butt, and generally bouncing around and running back and forth along the fence. It turns out they understand and do similar things. I became close friends with this elk. We ran along the fence, touched noses, and he even licked my nose.




Sometimes we just hung out together. We haven't seen the elk in awhile now. I miss them and hope they are doing well and are safe.

2 comments:

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

How cool is that? Are those wild elk?

Jen

Hiking Hounds said...

Yes, they are wild. I think they feel safe in our neighborhood. Nobody ever bothers them, it's pretty quiet, and there is good grass.

Caron